Thursday, February 28, 2013

Dress Forms and Floral Clocks...

There is just something so dreamy and romantic about dress forms. I have this favorite photo of my eldest daughter Nicole when she dressed up as a princess for a day at Disneyland. 
I wanted a page that would reflect the grandeur and fairytale-like quality of that day
and I knew that the "Sweetheart Dress Form" would be the perfect accessory for the page.


For the Dress Form, I just painted it with light pink Acrylic paint and then coated it with white enamel and pink glitter embossing powders. Heat set.

I also added a small vintage lock here...


Sweetheart Dress Form


Vintage Locks


For this album cover, I used the Floral Clock as a base for my bouquet of flowers. It fit perfectly in the center of the page cover and just added the right texture and dimension. I love this piece so much!


For the floral clock, I first painted the chipboard with cream paint and let it dry. I then lightly brushed intwith a thin coat of clear tar gel and sprinkled some aged gold fine glitter and mica flakes in pearl. Tap off the excess and lightly press down the glitter and mica flakes with your palette knife.

Floral Clock


I hope you have been inspired to take out your chipboard pieces and play along! These pieces are so durable that you can layer lots and lots of mediums on top of it. Just keep going until you get the effect you are aiming for. Have fun!

Hugs, 
Iris


3 comments:

  1. beauitful , you know to emblish your project very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your projects are beautiful, bright, and gorgeous!! Loving that dress form!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous creations here! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete