Friday, March 29, 2013

Royal Bird Frame - One Chipboard For Two Layouts

Adding chipboard pieces to your pages and projects are a sure way to add that wow factor. These beautiful laser cut pieces come in small sizes, medium sizes, and some come in a size that can almost cover your entire 12 x 12 layout. Some people have a hard time using these larger pieces. I would like to share with you how I used one large piece (Royal Bird Frame) in not one layout, but in two single pages!

I cut the chipboard in two pieces and used it as :

1. At the top part of the page. I wanted it to look like it was part of the background so I coated it in white gesso. I adhered it to the page then misted both the chipboard and the page with pink mist. That way it seems to pop up because of its dimension, yet still blend in because of the colors.





 Royal Bird Frame

2. Next, I used the bottom part and then added a Twiggy Branch just right where I cut the Royal Bird Frame. I covered the areas which were cut with embellishments so that the viewer can not really tell where the chipboard piece ends.

\


















































Twiggy Branch 


Before, I end my post for the month, here is another layout using one more of the larger chipboard designs from Blue Fern Studios... The Sweetheart Dress Form...






I hope these pages will inspire you to use your larger pieces in a different way. You can always cut-up pieces and combine them with other chipboard pieces to make a design that is unique and truly your own.

Have a creative day everyone!

Hugs!

Iris

1 comment:

  1. Iris, your pages are fit for a princess! such delightful details and sweet sweet colours! xoxo

    ReplyDelete