Monday, September 21, 2015

Autumn Anthology with Bente.

Hi, it's Bente here with a couple of layouts to share using the latest gorgeous 
paper collection Autumn Anthology. 
It is simply a mixture of stunning designs and some of my most favourite colours.

Here is my first page with the collection:


Did you know that Blue Fern Studios now even carry mists? There will be new mists with each collection and I used two of the new colours here; Imagine Inks Leaf and Sky.



I painted the chipboard title-words a neutral beige colour and decorated with some micro beads.
I used  the stunning  Jackie's Window to ground my design and this one is also painted with a mix of acrylic paint and some green mist. After it dried I went over the edges with a small chalk ink pad.


As you can see I  used some of the new stamps on my page. 
I used all three designs from the Essential Textures set. 
I cut out the banner that you can see under the chipboard from one of the calling cards.
The title is made of a couple of words from the  Chunky Words set.


To make my flower cluster complete I added a few small chipboard twigs called Berry Stems. 
I love the brown colour they were painted and the delicate look of them. 


Ok, now for my second page for today:


 Another beautiful sheet from the Autumn Anthology collection
I actually fussy cut a part of one paper and added it on top of this blue one, (in case you go looking for a paper that looks like this :-D)


I used the Royal Heart Frame to surround the photo on top of the layers of paper and calling cards.


After I painted the heart frame a suitable colour I heat-embossed it with gold using one of the same textured stamps as above. I think the look is really neat!! 


I added a few bits and pieces from the inside of larger chipboard pieces. 
I find these are good to hold on to as they can be really useful.


 As you see from the shot here I have added quite a lot of media to my layered papers. 
I added different beads as well as glitter gel, paint, gesso, and ink. 
There is a certain shimmer to the page that does not come through in the pictures.

Finally a little reminder that there's still ample time to join in our sketch challenge for September.
Below is a picture of the sketch and a page I made as an example.






You can read ALL bout the challenge HERE.

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Bente - gorgeous designs and pages. Such lovely papers, flowers, chippies and embellies!

    ReplyDelete