Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Sandi's September Creations

Hello, Blue Fern fans! 
Sandi here with you today sharing my September projects. 

My most recent Design Team package contained the new Autumn Anthology collection, papers, chipboard, stamps and oh, yes, the new Imagine mists! Two of my September projects were already done but I managed to get one Autumn Anthology project done for this time around. More coming next month as I adore these papers and matching chipboard, mists and stamps! 

"Lucy @ 33"

I haven't done a "Lucy" layout in a few months, so I was definitely feeling the urge to scrap a photo of her. I chose the Penmanship paper and some matching Calling Card notes for a photo mat and title.  I prepared my background with gesso, stenciling and the new Essential Texture stamp along with a hint of the Leaf mist applied with a sponge. 


The Shrine Frame was gessoed, spritzed with a gold mist and then embellished with some random dark gold embossing powder as well as some clear embossing powder.  I didn't allow the gold embossing powder to completely melt. I left it with some grainy texture. Love the result! The Ginger's Poppies are one of my favorite BFS pieces! They are so intricate and unique. Here I have gessoed them and added touched of distress ink for color. I also colorized the leaf portion with the new Imagine Leaf spray mist. 



Just another close-up of Ginger's Poppies. 



My Garden Lattice Bits on the right were perfect for adding a little something along the edges of my layout. Here they were primed and spritzed with more of the dark gold, tea-stained mist.  This is also a great close-up of the Essential Textures stamp and the new Leaf mist. A few flowers, pearls and it was done. So fun! 

Blue Fern Studios products used:
Paper:
Autumn Anthology Penmanship
Autumn Anthology Calling Cards

Chipboard:
Ginger's Poppies
Garden Lattice Bits
Shrine Frame

Stamps:
Essential Textures

Imagine Mist:
Leaf

***

"The Best Day Ever"

Next, I used more of the Frolic collection to create a wedding layout. I've scrapped this photo before but gave it away, so maybe this one will be mine. I tore a few sheets of the Frolic paper to add layers and change up the look of the Frolic Allegro paper. Then I applied my mixed media, including the new Imagine Mist in Persimmon along with a gold from my stash. There will be new mist colors coming out with each new paper collection from what I understand.



The Butterfly Damask chippy was cut in half and used a layer beneath my photo. I've primed, inked and randomly embossed it. The Arrow Word set provided my little subtitle "Love This" which was primed and spritzed. Lots of paper layers beneath the photo just because I love layers.



Of course, my title was the fabulous Best Day Ever chipboard title. This time I painted it and then sponged it with white paint to shabby it up. The Frolic Dans le Jardin paper provides lots of great butterflies to fussy cut and add as embellishments! Get an extra of that one!

Blue Fern Studios products used:
Paper:
Frolic Allegro
Frolic Secretary
Frolic Adorn
Frolic Calling Cards
Frolic Dans le Jardin

Chipboard:
Arrow Word Set
Best Day Ever
Butterfly Damask

Stamps:
Halftone

Imagine Mist:
Persimmon

***

"Adorable"

Last is the layout I created for our September Sketch challenge. And yes, that is myself when I was about 2 years old. I've used the Frolic Mercantile paper as my base and kept the mixed media pretty simple on this one .. just heavy gesso and stenciling. 



I've treated all four pieces of chipboard the same for this project. The Destiny collage, Celebration Hearts, Princess Window, and the Adorable title from the Good vibes word set were all primed, misted and treated with distress ink to finish them. I wanted a very monochromatic feel to the chippys so that they almost blended with the paper. 



Loving the Celebration chippy on it's own in the upper right corner .. so sweet for a "toddler baby" page. 

Blue Fern Studios products used:
Paper:
Frolic Mercantile
Frolic Secretary

Chipboard:
Destiny collage
Celebration Hearts
Good vibes word set
Princess Window

***

Thanks for coming by the Blog today.

Don't forget to join in on the Sketch challenge! We'd love to see your creations!

Until next time …

Sandi

No comments:

Post a Comment