Wednesday, September 2, 2015

September Inspiration with Jelissa

Hello friends and welcome to the month of September!

Things are definitely going at warp-speed for me now that little baby is due any time now. Sometimes I do feel like I'm getting affairs in order, which sounds so morbid!

Anyhow, I'm in today to share my September creations for Blue Fern Studios. I couldn't resist using the sketch that Michelle has created for this month's challenge even though I had a different project planned. So here is her sketch:


And my take on it:


I've never used so much purple before! But the soft palette of the Deja Vu papers made it so easy and pleasing. This is one of my favourite photos of Number 2 and hubby - don't they look so happy with their bright smiles?

Lots of close-ups:



My title, which I have left untouched but just simple priming with gesso. Not forgetting the paper layers I have under my photo.


Part of the Circle Vine chipboard which I used to frame my photo. I had cut out one end so that the whole piece fits and still gives me the flow I wanted for the page. I had also die cut some leaves out for adding into the floral cluster.


Die cut doily from one of the Deja Vu sheets.


Using the collection title from the info strip as a sentiment in my top cluster. I used the Deja Vu stamp set to create a resist for my watercolor background, plus the little piece which I had snipped off the Circle Vine chipboard. I also added some beads and distress glitter for extra texture.

Blue Fern Studios products used:
Papers: Deja Vu collection - Tresors, Atelier, Lustre, Petite Cartes
Deja Vu Stamp set, Widgets
Chipboards: Laughter, Happy, Smile
Circle Vine

My next share is a educator video I've created. I had wanted a relatively simple layout without too much clusters and a comfortable amount of white space. 


Again, using Deja Vu papers. I can't seem to get enough of this gorgeous collection! The drawings on this paper is so subtle but yet they actually help to create a visual flow that framed my main cluster beautifully.

Many, many close-ups again:


The Township Collage chipboard which I had altered in a few different ways.


I've always wanted to use that bird cage stamp!


I like the dangling trinkets in the Deja Vu stamp set a lot because of the intricate details they have, just like BFS's laser-cut chipboards. 


My title piece.


Main cluster with the pretty papers all layered up and I sneaked in bits of lacy flowers.

And here is how I created this page:


Blue Fern Studios products used:
Papers: Deja Vu collection - Friperies, Petite Cartes, Lustre, Atelier
Deja Vu Stamp Set
Chipboards: Township Collage, Frolic in the Sun




No comments:

Post a Comment